Chess is one of the earliest and most known board games introduced. The goal of this two-player game is for each player to make an attempt at forcing their opponent into “checkmate”. This is a position wherein their opponent’s primary chess piece, the King, is unable to evade or avoid being captured.
Online Chess Tutor – Making Learning Chess Fun And Easy
Chess is more than a board game as it provides many benefits, particularly to one’s mental abilities. Regardless of your age, playing chess can help improve your memory, reasoning or logical skills, math skills, concentration as well as decision-making skills. So, if you want to develop these skills, playing chess can certainly help.
Thanks to the internet, you can now learn to play chess with an online chess tutor that offers private and group lessons provided by practiced professional chess coaches. You can be certain they have the knowledge and experience. Records have shown that online chess coaches have produced many chess players who even compete and win in major chess tournaments.
Also, the internet provides various chess learning software that serves as an online chess tutor. Whether you are a beginner or have advanced skills, there are lessons available for all players of different ages and levels of skills. Moreover, this chess learning software makes the entire learning process as fun, easy, and interactive as possible allowing players to better and more deeply understand various strategies as they go up and access different game levels.
Business Lessons You Learn From Playing Chess
Chess is a mind game, a game that requires logic, strategy, and concentration. However, if you pay more close attention, there are plenty of life lessons that you can learn from playing chess. For entrepreneurs, there are certain strategies and lessons that you learn from chess that are applicable and relevant to the business setting. Below are some lessons you could acquire.
- Learn to Foresee or Look Ahead. Players who are able to foresee or anticipate several moves when playing chess can definitely play a good game. In business, being able to make a good prediction is vital for any business to succeed.
- Learn the Significance of Sacrifice. In a game of chess, there are situations wherein you need to make sacrifices so as to obtain an advantage or leverage later on. When running a business, there are certain sacrifices that you need to make, especially when making decisions on investment, in order to gain more and larger returns soon after.
- Learn the Importance of Preparation. Players who join chess tournaments make preparations by practicing and studying moves and strategies which can be rewarded with victories. In business, preparation is important and very much elemental in increasing success.
- Develop Memory. In line with looking ahead in a game of chess, it is crucial that you are able to memorize potential moves that would lead you to victory. Because memory is a crucial component for thinking, it plays a significant role in making better business decisions.
- Learn to Play by the Rules. Like other games, there are rules that need to be followed. Going against the rules will disqualify you. In business, there are rules that you have to follow as well. Violating these rules may bring about serious penalties or even jail time.